Posted to rec.audio.high-end
KH KH is offline

Default Stereophile, don't worry

On 7/5/2013 7:18 PM, wrote:
On Monday, June 3, 2013 10:37:59 AM UTC-4, KH wrote:
I don't know anyone, personally, under 40 that cares about high end
sound outside of HT.

Please note that Ariel Bitran, who write the report on the Nordost
demonstration, is 23, and that Stereophile's assistant editor, Stephen
Mejias, who is now one of the magazine's most popular writers, is 34.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Well, if and when I meet either one, then I'll have to change my
statement. It stands, however, as accurate at this point. Note, I
didn't say such persons didn't exist, merely that I haven't met them.
And I'm hardly a shut-in; I work with 'young' folks all of the time.

And really, would you be hiring writer/reviewers that didn't care? One
would be hard put to cast the staff of an audiophile magazine as
"typical", relative to audio, no?

Keith