Posted to rec.audio.car
almond almond is offline

Default RCA Output voltage

gee it's just like roe all over again, which is why i left.
really where you see the pre-out voltage at work is in the amps gains.
say you have a deck at 2v you would set the gain maybe 2/3 of they way
up (with a dmm of course) and with and 8v deck (like my eclipse) you
would have to turn the gain up say 1/3 of the way. this keeps your amp
from working as hard. i've used decks with 8v preouts all the way down
to a 1 volt preout and can tell you there is a huge difference in the
gain setting and sq. just my 2 cents and really noone even needs to
listen to that but there it is.

--
almond