Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Default RCA Output voltage

You really should reread that post of yours and ask yourself "do I REALLY
expect the OP to understand all of this?" because you don't explain ANY of
the terms you use. If you look at my posts, you will notice that I explain
terms like signal to noise ratios and dynamic range and so on (in fact, I
pretty much explain EVERY acronym I ever use).

Be honest with yourself, Matt. Did you REALLY intend the OP to learn from
what you wrote, or was this an attempt for you to use a lot of terms YOU
KNEW most people would not understand in an attempt to sound superior and
smarter (smarter than ME in particular). BE HONEST.

Again, reread that post of yours. THINK about the original poster (who he
is, how old he might be, etc.). Remember what we are here for, to HELP
people. If that is your goal (as it is mine), you are tripping over your
ego.

Nick

"Matt Ion" wrote in message
MOSFET wrote:
And one more thing, while we're on the subject, Matt....

How about answering the OP's question? I mean, your post was VERY
impressive sounding and all (even though it made about as much sense to

me
as one of Bob's rants). But I reread it and noticed you didn't answer

the
question.

QUESTION:
Deez wants to know will a high voltage HU make an audible difference:

ANSWER:
Brandonb: Nope
Me: Tried both kind, didn't hear a difference.

You: Theoretically blah blah noise floor at -10dBm vs. +4dBm dBu, dBV,

DVD,
VCR, ESPN blah blah blah....

Will Deez hear a difference, Matt? Yes or no?

Now I'm starting to wonder if Howdy has jacked your account, or if you're

just
being intentionally obstinate? Got a touch of the PMS?

I answered his question in my post: it CAN make a difference IF he uses

other
downstream equipment (crossover or amp) that can accept the hotter signal.

answered that RIGHT AT THE TOP and then went on to explain WHY that is.

Whether Deez will actually hear a difference, nobody here can say. I

don't know
what the rest of the his system is like, if he has shyte speakers, or if

he's
tone-deaf. He might drop tens of thousands into a system and not be able

hear the difference between that an a stock AM radio.