Stewart Pinkerton

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:50:08 +0300, Fella wrote:

Arny Krueger wrote:

Good question. People like Pinkerton and I tell people that
CD players tend to sound very much alike.

You impose your misconceptions upon people, you try to rob them of their
freedom of choice and preference, you try to rob them of their potential
audio enjoyment.

Actually no, we're providing them with useful information which could
save them enough money to buy better speakers.........

It's almost criminal. There is almost a touch of evil
in ferstlers cynicism of "everything sounds the same you dumb tweakos"
attitude, for instance.

What's more, you people seem to be going after the high-end industry.

Yup, that's because it's full of incompetent con artists like Mark
Levinson, George Cardas, Yves Bernard Andre and Peter Qvortrup.

You'd be happy if they all just buckled up and whithered away into
bankruptcy.

Yup.

I don't want my kids to have to listen to music from wicked
sounding metallic assembly line crap gear produced with only
cost-effectiveness in mind and nothing else.

Pity that, since it sounds just the same as *well designed* high end
gear such as you can buy from Meridian or Krell. And you could then
buy really good speakers, which actually *do* make a difference.

Therefore they
should make their CD player choices based other factors that
are more important to them.

Thus you mislead them.

Nope, that's top-drawer advice.

Unfortunately we've got the technologically backward
nay-sayers like Fella, who want people to believe that their
are mind-boggling audible differences between CD players,
amplifiers and everything else.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "mind-boggling" .. When or if a piece of
equipment introduces mind-boggling huge differences to the music, it is
IMHO, somewhat "improper". It almost leads to means taking over the end,
that is, we have audio equipment in order to be able to listen to music,
yes, but with an amp like the BAT, you have music in order to be able to
listen to the luscious, extravagant, grandiose sound of the amp!

You just crucified your own argument. You're supposed to be listening
to the *musical performance*, you cretin!