Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers?

On 25/09/2018 2:57 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
wrote:

Hey guys, just a slightly unrelated question. I have a BEHRINGER EURODESK S=
L3242FX-PRO, and when i plugin power, via IEC, after about 15-20 mins of po=
wer, the console begins to repeatedly turn off, and back on again. I can't =
tell wether this is the input which is broken, or something in the circuitr=
y.=20
Its definitely not the cable.

This is likely a bad electrolytic which is leaking current and causing the
power supply to shut down. Actually, it's more likely to be a bunch of them.
The original caps are kind of cheap and the power supply is kind of marginal
so my inclination is to just shotgun out all the decoupling caps on stuff
like this. If you just replace the most leaky caps it'll be fine but then
six months later you'll have to pull it apart again.
--scott

SMPSs seem to be a weak point on much equipment - low, medium, and even
some high-end gear.

Lucky your problem is intermittent, which means that if caused by leaky
electros, then other components (ie semiconductors) haven't been taken
out in sympathy, as they often are with a 'full' SPMS failure.

Do replace the electros with 105° temperature-rated and low ESR ones, if
they will physically fit.

geoff