Posted to rec.audio.tech
~misfit~[_2_] ~misfit~[_2_] is offline

Default Value of KLH speakers?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs GregS wrote:
In article , David
Nebenzahl wrote:
On 9/5/2010 10:02 PM Eeyore spake thus:

[snip]
My point was that the floor the speakers is placed on *could* easily
be carpeted. Certainly not my choice of floor covering here, but it
exists
in many places out there in the wild.

And yes, I certainly wouldn't expect to see carpet in a studio
control room.

I would say carpeting is mandatory in my view in any audio room. So
is wall treatments, and ceiling treatments.

Ahh! I fondly remember the days of gluing egg-trays to the ceiling of the
lounge until it was completely covered from wall to wall.

Those were the days, when aesthetics took a back-seat to sound quality.
--
Shaun.

into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche