Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

Default What's the best digital music-recording program for a Macintosh computer user?

On 11 Oct 2017, (Scott Dorsey) wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

People have been trying to explain this to Tom since he came here.
Will Logic allow him to use an external sample library? If so,
then his problems are solved.

I don't use Logic myself, but I believe it can use external samples as
do most recent DAWs. A friend of mine has made a lot of decent-sounding
stuff using Garage Band and its built-in samples plus some external
ones, plus tracks of real instruments and vocals. He recently got Logic
to have more features, but his main process is still about the same.

I don't think he gets yet the difference between samples and
softsynths.

That seems clear.