Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tom Evans Tom Evans is offline

Default What's the best digital music-recording program for a Macintosh computer user?

On 2017-09-05 17:41:05 +0000, Nil said:

On 04 Sep 2017, Tom Evans wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

What's the best digital music-recording program for multi-track
recording that I can use with my Mac and my controller keyboard?

I want a program with better ounds than Garageband, one that's
Mac-compatible, and that's as easy as possible to use, and not
over about $200.

I know a couple of people who use Garage Band with excellent results. I
believe that computer audio recording sound quality these days is much
more a function of your I/O hardware, not the software.

If it's primarily sample playback you want, I know someone who swears
by Reason. Costs more than $200, though.

Thanks, Nil.

I bought Logic a few days ago. It cost me $280, plus taxes.

I disagree about sound quality being determined more by hardware than
software; so far some of the instrument sounds I've sampled in Logic
(such as horns, synths and reverb) are far superior to some of the
instrument sounds in Garageband.

Tom Evans