Posted to rec.audio.tech
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno is offline

Default Computer as Reciever For a Blind Home Owner

On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 10:27:45 -0500, "Nicole Massey"
wrote:

I have a Yamaha receiver that regularly annoys me. It doesn't do any input
conversion, so if I want to run either component, S-video, or digital sound
(like AC3) I'll have to run everything that way, and of course my gear
doesn't support all that. I also can't replace all my gear, as some of it,
especially the Laserdisc player, aren't made anymore.

So, BUY a new HT receiver for a mere $200 and all your troubles go away.
Do NOT buy a Yamaha.