Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.tech,alt.audio.equipment
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default earbuds

"Bill Graham" wrote in message
Another problem with ear buds is they don't breathe, so they get hot....
They block out air circulation that allows the heat to disperse. this is
why I prefer the small, non noise blocking earphones. But as has ben
pointed out above, these don't block out noise. So, you need to find
something that blocks out noise, but allows air to circulate inside the
ear, and I don't know anything that can do both of these two things that's
small enough to wear.

Many hearing aids don't allow the ear to breathe (BTE with ear moulds in
particular), and yet people manage to wear them all day. While it may not be
ideal, especially on hot days, I don't know of any medical risk, or surely
they would not be sold by the million? Presumably it's a case of getting
used to it.

Trevor.