Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.tech,alt.audio.equipment
Bill Graham Bill Graham is offline

Default earbuds

Trevor wrote:
"Don Pearce" wrote in message
Ear infections come standard, at a cost of intense pain. Never put
anything in your ears.

A doctor got it right. Never put anything smaller than your elbow in
your ear.

And yet people with hearing aids wear them every day without a
problem! I can't recall a doctor saying they should never be worn either.
Of
course it does help if you clean them occasionly, but I am willing to
bet the people who use them everyday don't clean them everyday. And
don't get ear infections every week either.

Trevor.

....and there is no way to "clean them" with your elbow. You have to get that
ear wax out with a q-tip or pickup key or something a lot smaller than an
elbow.......
Another problem with ear buds is they don't breathe, so they get hot....
They block out air circulation that allows the heat to disperse. this is why
I prefer the small, non noise blocking earphones. But as has ben pointed out
above, these don't block out noise. So, you need to find something that
blocks out noise, but allows air to circulate inside the ear, and I don't
know anything that can do both of these two things that's small enough to
wear.