Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Bell[_2_] Ian Bell[_2_] is offline

Default Low Frequency Mains Noise

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Ian Bell" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Ian Bell" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

snip

Here you go, Graham. As usual the tubies can't deliver
what a few searches with google turned up almost
immediately:
http://sujan.hallikainen.org/Broadca.../index.php/RCA

Click on the manual for the RCA BC 7A. However, being
stereo, this was not a product of the 50s but rather
one of the late 1960s. The actual spec on page 4 of the
PDF is 68 dB below +18
dbm. IOW, only 50 dB below 0 dB. As bad as that is, I
would suspect 50-15 KHz (- 3 dB) weighting. The
corresponding spec for a modern console would be about
twice that, IOW over 100 dB. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).
Moving on to component chassic specs, such as those on
page 15 (Figure 11) we see the sad truth - noise level
was -47 dBm, with THD speced at 1% over a restricted
frequency range. A modern component would have noise
about -90 dBm, with THD no worse than 0.02%. As usual,
we're getting a humongous load of BS dropped
on us. :-(
Are you totally sure about that Arny????
I'm sure that you haven't posted a link to a BC6 manual,
yes I am. Please quit whining and put up or shut up.

no link to BC6 manual provided after second request

That's all we need to know, Ian. You can neither put up nor shut up. Please
post again when you want to at least pretend to be a man. :-(

There is no link to a BC6 manual - it is not available on the net.
You'll have to put your money where your mouth is and buy one Mr. Zero
Credibility.

Cheers

Ian