Stewart Pinkerton

Default weakest Link in the Chain

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 09:13:54 GMT, Lawrence Leung
wrote:

My point is, keep all components at the same level, say 30% of your budget
on speakers, you may not get the best speakers, but hey, what can you
expect? It is just a matter of whether you like the sound of American
speakers (Soliloquy), European speakers (Cabasse), or Asian speakers
(Yamaha)?

Keeping all the components at the same quality level nowadays means
spending *at least* 50 % of the budget on speakers - and nothing at
all on cables!

Again, I'm a cable guy, I believe in cables make difference.

Yesterday, I listened between two pairs of nice pure copper and
silver/copper hybrid interconnect cables. Man! The difference is so
significant, my six years old daugther can pass the blind test.

Care to try? We hear lots of such comments, but not one single person
has actually been able to do it under blind conditions.