Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default AES Show Report

Chris Hornbeck wrote:
On 6 Jan 2009 14:12:21 -0500, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Yes, it's finally out:
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue41/aes.htm

Great stuff (of course!). What's your photography secret to
getting a Fuji Astia look from something that's probably
hand-held and digital, and under ugly commercial lighting?

Fuji 800 ASA color negative film and a Zenit-22 knockoff of
the original Pentax SLR, developed and scanned at Walgreens immediately
after the show.

The fast film means I can stop down to f/5.6 or even f/8 on the show
floor and still have shadow detail. Last year's show I used a 2 1/4"
Yashicamat but the ability to do quick scans at the drugstore and ship
the files off has got me doing 35mm now.

It's interesting the cheap consumer Fuji 800 film is actually almost a
full stop faster than the cheap consumer Kodak 800 film. I plotted
curves on both of them by hand (with identical Walmart processing and a
Kodak match-the-tone densitometer).