Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Thompson-Bell[_3_] Ian Thompson-Bell[_3_] is offline

Default A Mac is an elegant implementation for elegant people, so...

WindsorFoxSS wrote:
Ian Thompson-Bell wrote:
WindsorFoxSS wrote:
Ian Thompson-Bell wrote:
WindsorFoxSS wrote:
Ian Thompson-Bell wrote:
WindsorFoxSS wrote:
Yabut, I'm no Jack when it comes to computers. I work with them
all day everyday and have figured many things out on my own. You
would think that someone with my ability, even with next to no
Linux experience could muddle through installing Firefox on SuSE

Doesn't SUSE come with Firefox already installed??

Cheers

Ian

Yes, but it was an old version.

Doesn't SUSE include a system for regular online updates of its
apps? If it doesn't perhaps you should try Ubuntu or Kubuntu both of
which do.

Cheers

Ian

You can't "update from FF 1.xx to FF 2. You have to DL and install
new. I DLed a number of files but was not able to get anything to work.

Strange, I thought Yast was supposed to care care of that sort of
think but I have never been a fan of SUSE. Which version of SUS is this?

Cheers

Ian

I don't remember, it's been a year ago. The only thing distro I'm
wrestling with at the moment is IP in order to try to get a reasonably
priced fire wall with more than 100 rules. Seems like it was 10?

SUSE is not at 10.3 which is not that far from 10 so i am still
surprised Yast did not handle the upgrade. Strange but SUSE is now owned
by Novell who are sort of in bed with M$ so are sort of tainted by the
dark side in the view of many Linux purists. I would recommend you try
Ubuntu/Kubuntu.

Cheers

Ian