Default Does anyone know of this challenge?

I think you have failed to grasp what the test is to exclude in amps.
For purposes of discussion let us say two amps from different companies
are to be tested. One costs 1000 k and has performance and specs very
similar to another at 10000k. The latter has been reviewed wherein it was
said it had night and day differences in a list of sound qualties to which
a list of common audio writing labels is attached. They said specifically
the obvious difference was with comparsion to the first amp. Now we do
the test and no one can pick the amps from another above the level of
guessing alone. The test was to see if the percieved list of quality
labels attached to the second but said to be missing in the first was an
artifact of the perception process or inherent in the amps. The results
suggest it was not in the amps. Because the performance specs were
similar, the load into which they were driven was not a variable, only the
claimed "night and day" differences. Both would agree that amp limiting
was not in the picture.