Bromo

Default Does anyone know of this challenge?

On 4/24/04 1:15 PM, in article Jgxic.14352$YP5.1069316@attbi_s02, "Stewart
Pinkerton" wrote:

If you remove that - then
there is no value in the challenge other than feeding the ego if a
"debunker" without understanding the true differentiators of amplifiers.

Really! Geez!

In that case, you have not been reading the claims made by 'high end'
amp makers - whose amps are frequently incapable of driving difficult
speakers, but are nonetheless claimed to have superior 'air',
microdynamics, soundstaging, smoother treble, deeper bass, etc etc
etc. Blind testing of course shows that this is bunk, but it doesn't
stop the claims.

I tend to ignore these claims and listen for myself.

I do think that tubes have nicely sounded distortion with them and the mid
range on tubes is pleasing to my ear, though.