Nousaine

Default Does anyone know of this challenge?

wrote:

Bromo wrote in message

.....large snips......

This sounds like a bogus 'challenge' to me.

There are more things, e,g, it cost 100-300 dollars and you need to be
a subscriber of a car magazine or worker in car industry, as I
understand it. The amp according to these rules must be a car amp.
However, if I would do the challenge, I would seek up two amps with
different HP filtering in the bass range (if such exist among car
amps; there is nothing in the rules what I can see about the built in
normal HP filtering of amps to avoid DC). Play the music to the film
"Fifth Element" and use speakers with e.g. 10 x 15 inch woofers in a
closed box system in a sealed small room. Play the song where there is
a sweep going down to 5 Hz at loud volumes and try to "feel" the
difference in the body. 1.5-3 dB difference in the 7-15 Hz region may
be percieved differently. Challenge rules, see

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%2...enge+rules+gro
up:rec.audio.car&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=ISO-8859-1&group=rec.audio.car&selm
=3ff8669c.126950265%40news.east.cox.net&rnum=6

AFAIK Clark brought the Challenge to a well known high-end amplifier company
and left with his money.