Denis Sbragion

Hello Arny,

"Arny Krueger" wrote in
:
"In practice it is questionable whether delays of the
magnitudes shown would ever be audible. If so, the general
advice would seem to be to choose reasonable large diameter
wires with a close spacing in order to minimise the effects
of resistance and inductance."

I agree. What that otherwise interesting article still misses is the
answer to the question: will the differences introduced by a
"suboptimal" cable be audible with respect to an optimal one? So far the
science answer to this question has been basicly a simple no.

Bye,

P.S. May I suggest that you spend less time explaining again and again
things like this and spend instead sometime organizing a bit better your
otherwise excellent pcabx web site? That site is a wonderful source of
many useful informations, but sometimes they are a bit difficult to find.
For example I searched for a long time for some data about the safety
limits for frequency response deviations audibility, and found only
recently that your web site has a nice graph reporting all that is
needed. BTW many thanks for writing and maintaining that site, even in
its current "not so friendly" form.

P.P.S. Another little question: do you know of a similar graph with the
limit of audibility of pre-echo (ore pre-ringing, or whathever it is
called)? Something like limit of audibility with respect to pre-delay vs
level and/or frequency? I searched for this kind of information for a
long time too, may be it is available in some "hidden" page of your site.

--
Denis Sbragion
InfoTecna