Tony F

I would never allow CC or BB to touch my car, especially with the added
responsibility of the Bose integration, even more so with your goal of
getting 5.1 in there.

Honestly, what you're wanting to do should either be performed by a
competent installer, or if you want to do it you'd need to do a fair amount
of research and it will take you longer than 8 hours. I can't remember what
all the wires looked like when I did my system, so I'm hesitant to recommend
you do it any particular way. I replaced everything very neatly. If and
when I sell the car all the Bose stuff will go back into place rather
nicely, with some modifications.

Tony

--
Eclipse CD8454 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,
Phoenix Gold EQ-232 30-Band EQ, Dynaudio System 360 Tri-Amped In Front and
"Brucefan" wrote in message
Tony,

Thanks for the great link. I would love to swap out my entire system,
but I'm afraid that the entire installation would be too time
consuming. It would be nice if I can just pay someone I trust that
does good work, but I don't know that person. I think I read on
maxima.org that it took someone 1.5 days to replace the HU and all
speakers. IYHO, how long would it take an average person (who isn't a
professional installer) to do the install following guides/posts found
on maxima.org?

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 14:59:29 -0800, "Tony F"
wrote:

There are adapters that allow you to just change out the HU. However, I
agree that it will probably be better to just swap out the entire Bose
system, especially with what you have in mind. That's what I did in my
2001
Max.

Also check out http://www.maxima.org for more info.

Tony