Tony F

There are adapters that allow you to just change out the HU. However, I
agree that it will probably be better to just swap out the entire Bose
system, especially with what you have in mind. That's what I did in my 2001
Max.

Also check out http://www.maxima.org for more info.

Tony

--
Eclipse CD8454 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,
Phoenix Gold EQ-232 30-Band EQ, Dynaudio System 360 Tri-Amped In Front and
"Brucefan" wrote in message
news
Hi all,

I like to replace my current BOSE CD/Tape player console in my 95
Maxima with something better and more versatile. I understand that
this unit is hard to replace, therefore I'd probably go seek
professional help on installation.

My goal is to keep the BOSE speakers as I find them good enough for my
needs. Since I haven't disassemble the unit, I don't know the wiring
layout of the speakers. I assume they're four separate channels
(Front Right, Front Left, Rear Right, and Rear Left) because I'm able
to balance and fade to each corner if I wish. My plan is to be able
to play DTS CDs, which would mean I need to add a Center channel and a
subwoofer for 5.1 sound. Are my above assumptions correct? I also
welcome any other suggestions. TIA.