Sean Scott

"Brucefan" wrote in message
news
Hi all,

I like to replace my current BOSE CD/Tape player console in my 95
Maxima with something better and more versatile. I understand that
this unit is hard to replace, therefore I'd probably go seek
professional help on installation.

My goal is to keep the BOSE speakers as I find them good enough for my
needs. Since I haven't disassemble the unit, I don't know the wiring
layout of the speakers. I assume they're four separate channels
(Front Right, Front Left, Rear Right, and Rear Left) because I'm able
to balance and fade to each corner if I wish. My plan is to be able
to play DTS CDs, which would mean I need to add a Center channel and a
subwoofer for 5.1 sound. Are my above assumptions correct? I also
welcome any other suggestions. TIA.

Bose speakers are specifically designed to work with the Bose HU and if you
change the HU the speakers most likely wouldnt sound the same with the new
HU.