Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chuck[_11_] Chuck[_11_] is offline

Default Dual 621 turntable fix

On 10 Feb 2019 13:10:21 -0500, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Edi Zubovic edi.zubovic[rem wrote:

--Now I've been thinking about this a bit, if the turtable was mint
there shouldn't be any problem with the "Steuerpimpel" unless it is
cracked due to hardened plastic over the time. I doubt that.

If I faintly remember, Dual changers may get out of synch after
transport.

They get out of synch ALL THE TIME. You don't need to transport them,
you can just flip the levers in the wrong directions while it's doing
something and get it out of synch.

This is why I say... look at the brain cam and see that it's turning
and watch what it's moving around. If it's not moving the right things
either the things are broken or they aren't in the right position or
the cam isn't in the right position.

keeping the start lever in "on" position, try rotating the platter by
hand a whole cycle and see if it changes something -- don't try too
hard.

This is a useful thing to do, but watch underneath while you're doing it.
--scott

Scott,
I agree with you more than 99% of the time, but the turntables that
got out of sync and often self destructed were PEs not the 12xx or 6xx
series Duals.