lew@csus_spam_goto_ca_doj.edu

Default "convert" antenna for clock radio?

On 2004-03-10, Gary A Edelstein wrote:
On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 22:59:31 GMT, user wrote:

Possible to convert/translate/connect the single wire
"antenna" of my clock radio to a "regular" antenna
of any sort?

If it's a single wire coming out of the radio and no screw connectors,
then it's 75 ohm and you could look at adding a longer wire, hooking
up a single rod antenna to it or hooking it to the center of a 75 to
300 ohm transformer (probably a few dollars at Radio Shack) and
hooking up rabbit ears to the 300 ohm end of the transformer.

Gary E

Thank you very much!!!

It is a single wire coming out of the case & I do have a 75 to 300
sitting around somewhere & a dipole wire antenna, unless I had thrown
it away when doing some cleaning.

p.s. what wire size to splice to the wire antenna? the antenna wire
looks very small.