Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default Small power amplifier

On 16/04/2017 7:06 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , Trevor wrote:
Can't see much benefit in running both power and audio from the mix
position myself, but each to his own I guess.

Makes ground configurations much simpler on small rigs when all the safety
grounds to to a single point.

My inclination is to reverse that configuration, running the mix position
power from the stage, but either way is fine.

It's obvious any case can be made for doing whatever suits the
individual and the venue. But as I said simply placing the amps close to
the speakers using the same wiring as you suggest can do exactly the
same anyway. Personally I like separate amps for FOH and self powered
for monitors, but regularly work with various combinations.

Trevor.