Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Small power amplifier

Dave O'Heare wrote:
Thanks, John. I have some small powered speakers, and was using this setup
because it means one cable instead of two from the mix position to each
speaker. I was also using an ipad-controlled mixer so that I could tuck the
whole works out of sight (which mean me crashing through the nosh pit when
things went bad).

I'm surprised, with the recent crop of high-powered lightweight bass
amplifiers and such, that nobody sees this as useful for live audio.

I think most of it is because so much, even the MI market, is moving to
powered speakers. But yeah, it does mean managing power cables.