Peter B.

Default Help with my Ghidra console/ NEVE/API/Trident etc

(Mike Rivers) wrote in message news:znr1057233369k@trad...
In article
writes:

I'm really suprised more people haven't spoke on this thread about
this type of mixer. With all of the preamps being sold I think it's a
great idea, but I guess everybody is just buying a couple Neves and
calling it good.

Ok this is where I have to chime in...

Awhile back Vince at Speck electronics had a graphic up for a mixer
called "LiLo". It had no pre's (or eq if I recall correctly). I think
it had two inserts per channel and maybe two aux's (everything is
fully balanced). It was 16x2 and DO's were being considered. One thing
I'm positive it had was Speck Electronics quality and clean sound.
Right around that time the whole economy went to hell. Before it did
though he said that he would make it if he felt a strong enough demand
was there. I e-mailed him my support of the LiLo and I still stand by
what I said to this day (even if I can't remember all the details of
what the console did anymore). The concept behind it was perfect for
the home studio with a variety of preamps and other external hardware.
I think it would be a great addition to a DAW based recording set up.
People that bitch about digital summing would be happy, people that do
keyboard based music would be happy, and people looking to interface
their old analog effects/processing to a DAW would be happy. In a way
I kind of see the recent Speck offerings to be leading up to something
like the LiLo. The Speck EQ and Pre's fill in the missing blocks of a
flexable, truly modular console when combined with the LiLo.

I guess you can say I'm still hoping it comes out...

Peter