Andre Yew

Default What happened to perpetual technologies?

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message news:YVqvb.264201$HS4.2355064@attbi_s01...
I use an AA DTI Pro jitter buster. Had it wired into a Proceed PDP using
balanced cable and then into Aux two on my preamp next to Aux one, direct
feed from the cd player. Identical cables used. The outputs were matched
within .5db on all three cd players I used over the decade with this
arrangement in my system.

Harry,

You've got to match to within 0.1 dB, or less than 1 percent
difference between voltage levels, in order to rule out effects due to
level differences. In your test, level differences can still be a
factor in what you heard. I'm not saying they were for sure, but
there is uncertainty to whether your experiment tested only jitter
differences or jitter differences combined with level differences.

--Andre