Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.tubes,sci.electronics.repair
rickman rickman is offline

Default What type of capacitor should I use?

Big Bad Bob wrote on 8/15/2017 11:21 PM:
On 03/10/17 05:34, Foxs Mercantile wrote:
There's that magic word "feelings" again. Based on nothing.

yeah, 'Feel' the 'F' word. so many bad decisions are made in the name of
'Feel'.

Once you learn about human reasoning you will find it *always* comes down to
feelings. You may have conditioned yourself to weight your feelings on
"logic", but it still comes down to feelings and we have ways of working
around the logic when we want to.

As you say, too often we take a bypass based on some limited experience or
even anecdote we've heard that gives us a "feeling" with little rational
process behind it. See a couple of bad capacitors from any given company or
category of supplier and a strong bias develops which works to bypass that
source.

--

Rick C