Vladan

Default Connections between digital mixer and a digital recorder?

On 15 Oct 2003 11:23:29 -0700, (psongman) wrote:

Hi, the Tascam board is down, so I am asking this group for much
needed advice. I have a Tascam TMD1000 digital mixer and have acquired
a Fostex VF08. Now, I know they both have spdif connections. So, lets
say I record two tracks on the VF08, using my mixer as a preamp, so I
can get a decent signal coming in. Then I want to record another set
of tracks on let's say 3 and 4, while listening to 1 and 2.

To do this, you have to do either of the following:

1) go into VF08 settings change SPDIF input from 1&2 into 3&4
2) move (exchange) track 1 than 2 with any other avilable (empty)
track. That way 1 and 2 became free for recording.
3) Set the VF08 record mode to BUSS. That way you can route 1 (pair
of) input(s) to any/ all of the tracks.

If there would be a better setup, then inform me.

.... please. You forgot please.

Since Tascam is TDIF while Fostex is ADAT, I guess youd need one TDIF
to ADAT converter, Tascam would probably be very happy to sell one,
now and then. That way your machines could comunicate 8 tracks at a
time, instead of 2, as it is with SPDIF.
Vladan
www.geocities.com/vla_dan_l
www.mp3.com/lesly , www.mp3.com/shook , www.mp3.com/lesly2
www.kunsttick.com/artists/vuskovic/indexdat.htm