Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_] Ty Ford[_2_] is offline

Default Multiple spaces in recordings

On Monday, March 25, 2019 at 5:57:06 AM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
The purpose of many (most) recordings, other than classical and most
live jazz/pop/rock/whatever recordings, is not to even attempt to
emulate a real performance space. And need not be.

geoff

Yes. I think you and Adrian have it. For years, when mixing, I use the old school sends and returns method. I have two stereo sends and two stereo returns. My trademark reverb field uses two different reverb plugins; one tweaked for short and the other tweaked for long. I blend them to get a consistent larger field which, to me, sounds "natural-ish."