Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Multiple spaces in recordings

Matt Faunce wrote:

I think the assumption of engineers who use different reverb levels is that
there's a different optimal-amount of reverb for the pure sonority of each
instrument while in the mix, which is good for the overall sonority of the
recording.

I think this assumption is not valid at all.

My question is, if that's true, is there's an acceptable range of give and
take between this pure sonority and sense-of-space, and if so, is there a
rule that regulates it?

"If you notice the reverb, it's way too much."
-- Mr. Fordham, 1980 or so