Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Multiple spaces in recordings

On 3/20/2019 2:40 PM, nickbatz wrote:
Using multiple reverbs or spaces is standard practice on every pop recording since the stone ages, and on many acoustic recordings too. How often is the lead vocal run through the same reverb as the drum overheads, for example? For that matter, how often is the lead vocal in the same room as the drums?

In my recordings, all the time. I want to make things sound like they're
all in the same room. But then, I record real musicians playing real
instruments, mostly together. No sound design needed.

Reverb is indeed a powerful tool for creating sounds, but you're
creating a sound, not an environment with it. Think about it that way
and there's your answer.