Stephen Sank

Scott, ya' think the RA100 sounds as bad as a Dyna ST120?
To the OP, while the 2CE should not sound treble-hyped with any good amp & source, you can make
the treble quite a lot smoother & a little lower level(perceived, at least) by clipping the
"diffraction ring", aka "phase plug" from in front of the tweeter dome, and then by surrounding
the tweeter dome with thick felt. Of course, you need training in upholstery to get the bloody
grille cloth out of the way, which starts with removing the bottom plate, then pulling what
seems like a thousand staples at the bottom & then under the edges of the jack plate. Total
pain in the neck. Of course, once I went to all that trouble, I'd also want to upgrade the
horribly inadequate crossover parts & wiring & make the speaker sound overall a lot better.
The original capacitors in all of the Vandersteens are so crappy that you'll usually blow up
caps before you blow drivers if you play them just a bit too loud.

--
Stephen Sank, Owner & Ribbon Mic Restorer
Talking Dog Transducer Company
"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message ...
In article .com,
wrote:
Thank you all for the input..

I'm beginning to think the Digi001 setup I'm running this from might
have something to do with it, in light of this article:

http://www.marktaw.com/recording/Hom...heDigi001.html

Is this a possibility?

Yes, that's also definitely a possibility. But swap it out for a
decent standalone CD player for an afternoon and see.

If it were me, I'd replace the amp AND get good outboard converters.
But that's just me.