Roger W. Norman

You can see what my experience tells me. With audio ATA100 drives work well
enough and you're less inhibited by bussing problems than with SATA (they
each require their own bus), but still, I haven't seen anything that
superscedes SCSI for an all out performance machine.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Brian Allen" wrote in message
ink.net...

BTW, also installed the Adaptec SATA board and it didn't help (I

mentioned
bad performance issues before with the onboard SATA controller). The

drive
is a Seagate Barracuda 7200 and it's performance is dismal even when I
upgraded HD Tach to 3.0 (since I'm using XP Pro). I don't grade this
drive/interface any better than I would an ATA66 setup.

I am curious about this. Has anybody else had this experience with SATA
drives? I ask because I am about to purchase a couple new drives and was
going to go with SATA because my mboard has the interface but this is the
second time I have heard of performance issues. I currently have ATA100
drives and would hate to go backwards...

Thanks,
Brian