Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rolo Tomassi Rolo Tomassi is offline

Default CDDA stopped working

Bob Cain wrote:
CDDA playback just quit working on my Win98SE system (a very old and
usually reliable install that's been migrated to three successive
MOBO's.) Various players show the track time counting down from the
correct value but no sound is output or is reaching the visual
displays. EAC is able to test a track successfully (using CDDA, I
think) but Windows Media Player or Audio Grabber crash the system when
I try to select a CD drive. I've reinstalled the standard CD drivers
and the ASPI drivers to no avail. Anybody got a clue what could be
wrong?

Thanks,

Bob

Checked the cable which takes audio from the back of the drive to the
soundcard? Sometimes shared by several drives into one cable. Check it at
the back of the CD-ROM units and where it makes it to the soundcard.

Then check all the fader levels in the windows mixer app (select properties,
playback and enable all the various faders

Just two ideas

Rolo