Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bob Cain Bob Cain is offline

Default CDDA stopped working

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Bob Cain" wrote in message

CDDA playback just quit working on my Win98SE system (a
very old and usually reliable install that's been
migrated to three successive MOBO's.) Various players
show the track time counting down from the correct value
but no sound is output or is reaching the visual
displays. EAC is able to test a track successfully
(using CDDA, I
think) but Windows Media Player or Audio Grabber crash
the system when
I try to select a CD drive. I've reinstalled the
standard CD drivers
and the ASPI drivers to no avail. Anybody got a clue
what could be wrong?

The pointing finger points at the CDROM drive.

Yeah, except that it affects both my no-name reader and my PlexWriter
the same. Should've added that to my original post.

I also should have added that the wave out path works fine playing
MP3's so it's not an audio problem per se.

Thanks,

Bob
--

"Things should be described as simply as possible, but no simpler."

A. Einstein