Mike Rivers

Sune T. B. Nielsen wrote:

How do you decide what is good og bad media?
(Before buying and trying them of course)

That's how. But if your time is worth anything, you'll start with a
known manufacturer and they'll probably work fine. I use Taiyo Yuden
silver blanks and have never had a failure. They're about $35/hundred
on a spindle. I don't think that's too much to pay for not having to
worry about reliability.

If your volume is in hundreds a week and you insist on keeping your
prices low, you might want to look further to save a few bucks on a
lot. For the rest of us, an extra dime a disk doesn't matter.