RD Jones

Geoff Wood wrote:

"Rick Ruskin" wrote in message
A friend of mine needs to do a considerable amount of short run CD
releases and asked the following:

Most reliable burner for high-speed (24X or higher) burning of audio?
Fastest recommended burning speed for reliable playback on most CD
players?

Considering you can't buy a burner lower than 48x thexe days....

I have greatest success with Plextor Premium and PlexWriter 12/4/32 on most
'real' media types at 12x and 8x respectively.

Burning faster reduces trackability in my particular 'test bed' - Sony car
CD.

geoff

Even my Plextor PX-W4824 seems to produce unreliable
discs at 24x and above. This is with generic unbranded
blanks with the printable surface. So I burn most copies
at 8x or 12x also. The better quality HHB blanks seem
to work OK at higher burn speeds but are overkill for
typical demo (etc.) copies. Any of the recent Plex
48x or 52x burners are what I would recommend.

good luck
rd