James Perrett

Geoff Wood wrote:

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
Just wondering if anyone has rule of thumb info about the best
quality/most reliable CD burners around on the market. The
Yamaha model of 2 yrs ago with the deep pits/slow burn function
seems to be discontinued, but I hear good reports about Plextor.

Plextor gets good reviews, and has terrific customer service (as I know
from
direct experience). I also like the way you can easily update the drive's
operating system with a simple download.

Plextor Premium is probably the state-of-the-art still.

geoff

The Premium is probably as good as it gets for a CD only drive but the
newer Plextor DVD drives like the 712 and 716 have all the test
functions that the Premium has and the DVD capability too.

Cheers.

James.