Rob

Default 8X DVD Burner?

I just got the Plextor and its great. I burn a full length movie (full DVD)
in 8 minutes after its read.

However, be sure to read your manual. There is a "silent read" feature so
when you put in an encoded movie, the drive defaults to a slower read (only
what's necessary for playing the movie) so the drive is quieter because it
spins slower.

If you are burning data this does not apply. But if you are reading a movie,
be sure to press and hold the open button until the light flashes 3 times
for fast read of encoded movies.

It burns DVD+R at 8X, others at 4X. I've now used Maxell and Fuji 4X discs
and they burn fine at 8X.

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
I just ordered the new Plextor after reading a favorable review. (I

overlooked
the fact the tests were not double-blind.) The Plextor successfully burned

at 8x
on 4x DVD+R media.

http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/hardwar...15282p,00.htm?