Arny Krueger

Default 8X DVD Burner?

"Blind Joni" wrote in message

I saw an 8X burner at Office Max yesterday..company called
MagicSpin..chinese. Anyone used a fast burner yet? Any info?

Yeah, I burned two DVD-R discs yesterday at my remote site using a Pioneer
DVR 106. One burned at 4x on Imation media, the other burned at 1x on
no-name media. Each had 6 tracks of 1 hour 44/24. About 4.2 GB per disc.
Both had unrecoverable errors in the last track when I read them on one DVD
drive, but one read well enough on another DVD drive. That leaves me with
one track that I'll have to revist the remote site to pick up.