Rainer Wiechmann

Default CD Burner

After losing 2 Yamaha burners and 1 Pacific Digital in a space of 3
years, I invested in a Plextor 16x8x32 aprox 2 1/2 years ago. Don't
waste your money or time ...go with the plextor. You'll pay more , but
imo it's well worth the difference. Don't be swayed too heavily by rapid
burn speeds though. I rarely burn audio at more than 8x...regardless of
the stability of the drive or the media speed. rarely I will burn at 16x
for quick one-off demos, but ideally slower speeds will create better
CD's which have seen less error-correction in the burning process.
However...if you can afford it, get a DVDRW/CDrw burner. That's my next
upgrade. the DVD storage will really come in handy for large audio file
archiving, and perhaps even get you started on some 5.1 workstation
based mixes you can play back on your home system...(assuming you have
or intend to get surround sound in the future.)

Rainer

Geoley wrote:
I'm going to upgrade my CD burner in my PC. Since I am transferring tape to
my hard drive I would like anyone's input on which burner I should consider.
So far the consensus is the Plextor and Teac burners but which models or any
other brands for audio burning CDs. I would appreciate any info on this and
thanks.

Geoley