Geoff Wood

Default CD Burner

"Sugarite" wrote in message
I'm going to upgrade my CD burner in my PC. Since I am transferring tape

my hard drive I would like anyone's input on which burner I should

consider.
So far the consensus is the Plextor and Teac burners but which models or

any
other brands for audio burning CDs. I would appreciate any info on this

and
thanks.

There's not much need for concern anymore. The last significant problem
with cheap burners was jitter, which is eliminated by the buffering

process
in every DVD player, "shock-resistant" discman, and car CD player.

Plextor
is considered the best, but unless you're burning CD masters at 1x for
manufacturing, I wouldn't worry about it.

Well, if you want to burn 1x, you're rooted with the Plex Prem - lowest
speed is 4x.

If your main aim is to transfer tapes to CD for domestic purposes, almost
any CD-R(W) is likely to be fine. Check out the computer mags for iffy
brands though - main problems reliability. Anything from a major brand (like
those you suggest) are certain to be fine.

geoff