Fred Nachbaur

Wow. Another great post, hopefully to appear in Al's "Zen in the Tube
Garden." I especially liked the line, "Each of us hears what we listen
to and only learn anything epiphanally useful by happenstance and ironic
cognitive dissonance."

Thanks, Al. Live long and prosper!

Cheers,
Fred

TubeGarden wrote:

Hi RATs!

MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) vs parts count is not the linear relationship
direct logic might presume.

As systems endure the rise and fall of the random ravages of time, larger parts
populations exhibit more stable performance than smaller parts populations.

Parallel resistors and other stupid wastes of time and money are not so stupid,
statistically.

The interesting thing to me about circuits is how they sound at this moment.
All the rest is engineering mumbo-jumbo and only of interest to off world
intellectuals and money grubbing employees.

Each of us hears what we listen to and only learn anything epiphanally useful
by happenstance and ironic cognitive dissonance.

Pretending MTBF has any useful application relative to listening to Bach is
simply posturing one's ego as greater than one's soul.

A common pose, but, hardly noble. Just smug

If you like what you hear, you are in the right place.

If you think you know what others hear, you have your head in a dark, smelly
place.

If you know what others should hear, your head IS a dark, smelly place

Listen and let listen!

Happy Ears!
Al

Alan J. Marcy