EC

Well, I know for sure that if I had an amp with an infinite number
of 6BQ5's... my wife would kill me... It might just about power
all the speaker "projects" I got in the basement though! )

John, I've just done the choke-thing, and as suggested by Bob
Fitzgerald, mine fit really nicely on top of the deck, in front of
the aluminum plate by the power transformer, with a 100uf mini-can
cap bolted to it. I added another 4.7uf Solen fastcap mounted to
that aluminum separator, between the 6AU6's and the 6AN8's. This
is meant to help "speed up" the bigger cap (I guess I've read TOO
many RAT postings eh!). Anyrate, this mod I really like, reduced
the "boominess" of the bass... nice! You should know it looks
nothing like stock, but hey, the aa-151 has a face not even it's
mother can luv... I ended up building a gloss black cage, and
changing the front to black knobs and black tolex... still looks
nothing like a Macintosh!

I have backed off on the 4 or 2 separate cathode resistors, as I'm
now not sure it will have that much possitive effect. I did add
an extra 50uf to the bypass cap (mostly because I had one lying
around).

Next I plan to replace the last pf-range ceramic caps; at the AUX
and TUNER inputs, the 56pf shunt for the 6AN8's and in the NFB.
These first two are differnt than on the SA-2 schematic BTW. I'm
also going to reduce the NFB a bit, and replace a few resistors
that are wandering out of tolerance.

All I can think to do after that is pluck up da' nerve to ask
Patrick Turner how to do the 6AU6's as triodes mod in the preamp
he mentioned, but I've got enuff to keep me busy for a bit!