Schizoid Man

Default another set of forgeries from google groups.

"Margaret von Busenhalter" wrote in message
. ..

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message

snip

That's because downtown Austin is an oxymoron. It begs the existential
philosophical question posed by Sartre - 'Does it really exist?' Though

don't think he was talking about Austin at the time!

With all the new high-rises under construction, I'd venture to call it a
legit DT now.

Unfortunately with the tech bust, a lot of those high-rises have stopped
construction mid-way. So these days, Austin looks like a scene out of World
War III, or (if you prefer) downtown Detroit.

At any rate, you should leave your car on Lexington by the Municipal
Auditorium and take a stroll all the way to the Guenther House in the King
William district and see what a pretty town SA really is.

To be honest, my knowlegde of San Antonio extends to the River Walk and the
Alamodome. The former is fairly quaint, but to someone who's grown up in
continental Europe not uncommon. The latter is simply superb - saw the Spurs
twice and Clapton once.

snip

Ummm...actually I was quoting you Margaret - you said that San Antonio

has
fairly non-existent high-end scene on April 29. Below is an excerpt:

Well, not quite. I said the *audio* scene is fairly non-existent. There is
definitely a high-end scene here as exemplified by my neighbor who just
traded his '91 Ferrari Testarossa to a brand spanking new metallic black
575M with a sticker of $275K. That is the sexiest car I've ever seen.

I feel a little sheepish here, but but high-end I mean 'high-end audio' and
not 'high-end auto'!!

Your neighbour owned a Testarossa? I guess their is more affluency to you
than just your name! That being said, what is a 575M? If sports cars are
your thing, then you need to make a visit to London, England over the
summer. No better city to see sexy cars. A guy who used to live a couple of
houses down from my apartment building on Abbey Road used to have a
Lamborghini Diablo. His license plate was, very appropriately, UK - I FLY
LOW...