Ty Ford

Default Small vs. large diaphragm condenser mikes for recording grand piano at home

In Article , "Ron Charles"
wrote:
The Oktavas from Sound Room are good, but for piano I would suggest (at the
same price point) either a pair of Beyer M260 ribbon mics, or perhaps a
couple of used Crown PZM mics, depending on the sound you want.
RON CHARLES

In the midst of a review of the nickel diaphragm Gefell M 294, 295, 296, I
got a chance to revisit the MC012 (mostly in cardioid, and from Sound Room).
I was reminded that they are boomy on the bottom and have a bit of skritch
on top. For the price, though, that's a pretty good deal.

Regards,

Ty Ford

For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on http://www.jagunet.com/~tford