Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Mic preamp output transformer question

wrote:
Hi All,
In the mic preamp circuit, about halfway down this page: https://web.archive.org/web/20170831...-jfet-mic-pre/

...should the output transformer be left floating at one end as pictured?

No. It goes to ground.

I notice this circuit uses only one ground, rather than different ground and
chassis earth. This may come to bite you if you're trying to get noise down.

Also, the output transformer I have has a center-tapped output, and the core is not broken out to a pin as pictured in the circuit diagram. Should I connect the center tap to pin 1 of the XLR socket instead?

No, just let the center tap float. It's not important.