John L Rice

Default How in the hell do you mic a bagpipe???

"Geoff Wood" -nospam wrote in message

"Doc" wrote in message
om...
(ChuxGarage) wrote in message

A pair of SM-57's work about as well as anything.

Won't the pipes sound best if the mics aren't plugged in?

Most likely, but only from a great distance.

I wonder what the musical 'style' is - straight BP or BP-rock fusion.
Didn't work for Peter Gabriel, and he would have got it right if possible.
Just listen to that track on his latest, and you must agreee BPs just

don't
sit well with BDs and BGs by *any* stretch of the imagination. One of the
worst sounds in the greater universe ....

geoff

Maybe an exception to the 'rule' but our lead singer/piper Tim and the
guitarist Shane recorded highland pipes on a song called 'Mary' this year
and the result was very impressive and beautiful, both the performance and
recording quality. It's a really enjoyable thing to listen to.

And if I would get my ass off the internet and into the studio, the album
might get finished sooner and you'll all be able to hear what I'm talking
about!

John L Rice